Thursday 7 June 2018

Preparation Phase


To generate maximum force I need to contract as many segments as possible. I know I am contracting the principle of segments in my preparation phase because my lower body muscles are working with a maximum force so that the power of my shot increases. As shown I am using all my contracting muscles in sequence which is when my larger muscles are working first then flows up towards the top right until the release of the basketball. 

In the preparation phase, I am contracting my lower body muscles. This means that I am using my Hips, Knees and Ankle joints in this phase. Firstly, my knee joint is the first joint contracting which is classified as a hinge joint. While contracting my agonist muscle is my quadriceps while antagonist muscle is relaxing which is my hamstrings.  

In the preparation phase, I am using Newton's Laws. The Newton's law that I am using in this phase is his 1st Law. Newton's 1st Law states that in order to move something, you must apply force. The bigger the object the more the force needs to be applied. I know that I'm overcoming my inertia by contracting my hamstrings allowing me to apply force towards my throw. 

In the preparation phase, balance and stability are important when performing a sporting movement. I've proven in my preparation phase that I'm well balanced and stable. As shown my line of gravity runs straight through my body and between my feet. This means that I'm stable and well balanced. Based on the principle of the base of support, both feet are firmly on the ground meaning I'm more stable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment