Thursday 1 November 2018

Follow-Through Phase





In the follow-through phase, I still need to contract certain segments. To make sure my shot is effective I need to contract my smaller muscles in my arm. Now I can see that I'm contracting my smaller muscles n my body because my arms are the only parts moving. I also noticed that my wrist is flicked forward this is so that the basketball is spinning which gives it more momentum towards the basketball rim. 

While moving from the execution phase to the follow through phase both my Shoulder and Elbow joints are working. The Shoulder joint is extending. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is the latissimus dorsi and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is the pectoralis major. The Elbow joint is extending. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is my triceps and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is my biceps. The similarities I can see in my technique compared to the ideal is that our knees and hips are extended which means I am following through correctly. 


In the follow-through phase, balance and stability is still important to producing a well-executed shot. To be balanced in this phase I need to make sure that my line of gravity is running straight through my body. I know I am balanced because my body is upright so my line of gravity can go straight down my body. The similarities I can see in my balance and stability between me and the ideal is that both our line of gravity is running straight down our bodies and our feet is still on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment