Wednesday 5 September 2018

Execution Phase



In the execution phase, I still need to contract as many segments as possible to generate maximum force. As well as using my lower body segments, I also need to contract my upper body muscles in my Basketball Shot. In order to create maximum force I need to follow a sequence which is contracting my large muscles to generate enough force that passes up to my upper body smaller muscles. I also need to follow the correct timing so I am able to generate more force. I know I am generating more force as my lower body is extending.  

While in the execution phase the joints that are being used are my knee, hip and elbow joint. The first joint extending is my knee joint also known as the tibia. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is my quadriceps and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is my hamstring. The Hip joint would be the second joint contracting. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is my gluteus maximus and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is my quadriceps. The next joint contracting is the elbow joint also known as the hinge joint. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is triceps and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is my biceps. 

In the execution phase I am using Newton's 2nd law. Newton's second law states that the move in the direction of the force being applied, and will accelerate at a rate dependent upon:
The size of the force and size of the object. A small object will move faster than a larger object.
A greater force will move an object faster than a smaller force.


In the execution phase, balance and stability are important to produce a well-coordinated shot. To be balanced my centre of gravity has to be in the centre of my body. If my centre of gravity is outside my body this means Im unstable. As shown in the execution phase, Im balanced and stable as my centre of gravity is in the centre of my body.  

The differences and similarities I can see in my joints and the ideal are that both our feet are planted firmly on the ground and have the ball above our head ready to release the ball to the hoop. As shown we both are plantar flexion and out knees, hips and elbow are extended. 














No comments:

Post a Comment